Saturday, August 7, 2010

Number 14

Start training to run in a half-marathon...

Can we begin by noticing the word "start"

This task is more something that is going to be completed as I go into the fall. I'm not really sure what to write about it honestly.

My dad ran in the Outer Banks marathon a few years ago and that is when our family really was introduced into the whole marathon thing.

Since, he has also ran in a half marathon in Myrtle Beach (holla pops, i'm giving you a shout out).

I hate running. So, when I was thinking about what to add to the list I decided i'd put something that would be out of my ordinary.

Why did I pick this? I'm not sure.

I started running and let me just tell you that I couldn't even run a half mile. No lie I was about to fall over dead.

Now, I'm running about three miles and hoping to continue to improve.

The only reason i'm not overly stressing about this is because the Outer Banks half-marathon (if I choose to do it) is in November so I still have months to prepare.

I have actually learned to enjoy the running aspect (as long as i have my ipod) and it's been a nice way to have some alone time.

I have been doing lots of research about different training techniques and all this stuff I don't really understand. I'm trying to figure it all out but for now I guess the best thing is to just keep running and hope that one day i'll reach my goal.

Number 14 is done...(at least the "start" part)

ALSO, Harvey opened this weekend so everyone should come out!

Go to the Magnolia Arts Center website for more information. It is a really great and fun play. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Just read this post. Thanks for the shout out. Great job on the blog. I loved the video wrap up.

    ReplyDelete